Tuesday, June 28, 2011

i CAVED........!

Not sure i can catch up---but i caved in and bought the Farmer's Wife and Block Party. It feels like Christmas!! Friday starts a 10 day vacation, so perhaps some of that time will be spent making FW blocks! I'm not even sure what week this is--but it doesn't matter. This looks like such fun & friend Barbara jumped in a bit ago. I'm hoping friend Judy will jump onboard too!
Plan on using mostly the Denyse Schmidt fabrics i bought with my 4th place prize $$ ! YAY! I've completed my home dec project #2 for my friend, Beverly. The sweet starfish cushion is from Pottery Barn (love that store!)

The cushions are back in their wicker furniture pieces looking lovely and summer-y :-) Speaking of summer-y How 'bout Trifle?? It's probably the easiest, yummiest & most impressive looking summer dessert you can bring to a picnic! So bust out those pretty glass bowls and trifle dishes & Happy 4th of July this weekend!!
God Bless this wonderful country......and all of us  :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The FWs blocks are so small and easy - it wont take any time at all to catch up! Glad to see that you joined the rest of the gang.

Barb in Mi said...

Wohoo, she is IN! I am with you and hope to use my vacation week to catch up as well.
Nice fabric picks for your FWQA!

Judy in Michigan said...

Please don't twist my are - I cannot possibly take on another project! I will however cheer you and Barb on and give you any encouragement I can. Love your fabrics and that scrumptious trifle - recipe to follow??? Glad the sunshine is back. Enjoy the 4th!

Judy in Michigan said...

That's "arm" nor "are" nor "as." My typing needs some help today. ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

Some of my quilting friends and I went on a shope hop earlier this year, and one of the girls got that Farmer's wife book too! I was tempted to get it myself, but didn't. That trifle looks really yummy! Happy 4th of July!!!