Sunday, December 30, 2012

At year's end...where to start??

Received this beautiful Christmas tree from Barb...here's the amazing quilting detail-- Thankyou Barb!
Love the fabric choices!! And this little gem (measuring approx. 1 1/2 inches total!) is from Judy...
It's so pretty on a sweater.Thankyou, Judy! The detail is amazing here too! Ok, enough about me. Take a look at this quilt created by a 19 year old young man for his bride-to-be! The only thing his Mom asked me to do was put a white binding on! (He couldn't pick a color or a pattern--so he chose white, very logical!)
His Mom said he found a tutorial online and jumped in! I was very proud to be asked to bind it--just by machine, so he could have it back quickly...
After finishing this, it got me thinking of all the semi-unfinished quilts in my own sewing room!! Where to start?? ;-)
Have a HAPPY and safe New Year! Enjoy everything this wonderful season has to offer. And get some time in for quilting!! :-)

5 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Looking good! I like the white binding! I walk by the beautiful clay gem every day and admire the details.
Just got back from XC - will call shortly.

Judy in Michigan said...

Wonderful post and congrats to the young man who made the quilt. What an amazing job he did! His fiance is a lucky girl!!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I started in 2011 with OPAM (one project a month). It's two Aussie ladies that run it. I have to finish just one project each month and send them an email with pic of what I finished. I've been quilting for 35 years and I've finished more quilts in 2011 and 2012 than in all the other years total. =)

hugZ,
annie =)

Browndirtcottage said...

Lovely goodies!! I like them all!

What a great quilt for the young man. That is sooo sweet him making it for his girl!! Swoon!

Judy in Michigan said...

I miss my BQFF's posts. sob, sob