Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pillow posting.......

Found an orphan block and some lovely Phillip Jacobs fat quarters in the stash and made a pretty pillow! They are everywhere in blogland lately--have you seen all the posts about pillows??! Here's the back. Always like a zipper (or an 'envelope') closure for washing purposes.....
They make great gifts and this is for a 50th birthday this weekend. (Hope she likes it ;-)
Have to share this wonderful gift I received from my DH's family........
A White treadle machine! I forgot to take a picture of her when the cabinet was open! She's in a safe corner for now while I research finding a belt and more info on her. (She's very pretty and will be in a future post!)
Can't get away without grandbaby pictures.....He'll be 6 months the end of February and she's almost 14 months!! Happy sewing :-)


9 comments:

Shay said...

Gorgeous grandies, sewing machine and pillow!

Barb in Mi said...

Yes, I am with Shay - beautiful everything!
Can you tell I had a long day and ran out of words ;-)

Judy in Michigan said...

So good to see you in Blogland! The pillow is beautiful!!! and a zipper too! Love the baby pictures - they are soooo cute!

Barb said...

pretty pillow! beautiful grandchildren!

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Your pillow is awesome. Excellent idea for an orphan block. Way to use what is in your stash!

Browndirtcottage said...

Pillows and grand babies are both soft/cute and fun to cuddle with!!
W-a-y too cute pillow girl!!!

Cathy said...

Sweet grand babies. Love your pillow. What a wonderful gift of the sewing machine. Hugs

Tricia said...

Hello from an other Michiganer! I really love how your pillow came out. It's nice when You can find something to do with those orphan blocks. I can't wait to see your White machine and what darling Grandbabies! I'm now a follwer via BlogLovin & GFC

In Kind Regards,
Tricia

Jodi Connors (Mountain Gurl Quilts) said...

Oh my goodness, I too am from Michigan, born and raised until I was 30, then moved to Florida and now I am in North Carolina, as my mom says, at least I came half way back...Anyway, I love the pillow, thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Jodi