Friday, February 3, 2012

it's funny how things happen.....

Yesterday I doodled this on a post-it next to my computer and carried it to the sewing room for a reminder. Really would like to do a quilt (at least some blocks!) ala Tonya and/or Victoria.....
While checking my favorite blogsites---This is posted  today on Sew Mama Sew's blog: http://www.sewmamasew.com/blog2/

My Mom used to say 'Great minds think alike'....and that's all good--but what are the chances?? Maybe it's a little of that ( ;-) and a little 'gift' we get from time to time if we pay attention to our life and to those in it.
Anyway --- it made me a VERY happy camper!
Not so happy that UFO isn't finished for January :-(  But it really will be nice when the quilting gets finished this weekend. (I'm only watching the commercials on Sunday!) Here it is auditioning it's spot when finished...

The free motion quilting is taking me a bit longer than expected....work gets in the way!!

I'll leave you with a photo of the lone hibiscus flower on our tree....does the center look like this year's color?? Kinda tangerine tango looking, maybe? Have a happy weekend...and get some sewing in during the Superbowl! ;-)

No comments: